The Musical Fidelity Encore 225 is perfect for anyone who wants to combine the incredible power, realism and emotional involvement of our M6si amplifier with a high-quality M3 CD player and accessibility to online streaming services and web radio.
Design + Build
The Encore 225 is easy and intuitive to use. It has 225 watts per channel and a huge range of facilities. It features timeless hardware and massive build-quality that Musical Fidelity is known for and adds an open software side to it bringing you accessibility to modern streaming services. On the other side, all the traditional input and output options are there to make the Encore a mainstay in your music system. You will enjoy the hardware’s excellent performance, facilities and power no matter what changes there are in the digital streaming sector and what services will be available in the future.
Full colour display with hardware frontpanel buttons
All Encore functions can be accessed via the frontpanel! Even browsing and playback of your streaming services can be controlled via the frontpanel! Being able to browse these streaming services with the buttons on the frontpanel (or IR remote) makes the Encore totally unique and perfect for anyone who values traditional high-end build quality and fast access without the need to have your phone or app nearby!
Control via Squeezebox Apps
The Encore can be comfortably controlled via an app on your phone or mobile device. Browse a plethora of streaming services and web radios responsively and easily with the Squeezebox app of your choice!
The diverse control options and the ability to fully control the Encore on the frontpanel make it future-proof like no other digital streaming product. In 20 years, when the digital infrastructure will be completely different from today, your Encore will continue to play music like on day one.
The Encore 225 In Brief
- State of the art integrated amplifier with 3 analog inputs, 4 digital inputs
- M6si hardware built-in
- M3 CD Player
- High quality aluminium chassis with hardware buttons on the front in pristine build quality
- Large, high resolution, full colour display allows easy and intuitive controls
- Full control via front-panel hardware buttons, IR remote, Squeezebox Apps and web-interface
- Tidal/Qobuz/Spotify streaming
Read the Hi-Fi News review.
- M6 Encore 225 & Encore Connect – Front Panel Controls
- M6 Encore 225 & Encore Connect – Back Panel Sockets
- M6 Encore 225 & Encore Connect – Drag & Drop music using the web interface
- M6 Encore 225 & Encore Connect – Connecting a Network Cable
- M6 Encore 225 & Encore Connect – Connecting External Sources
- M6 Encore 225 & Encore Connect – Connecting a Phono Stage
M6 Encore 225 – Specifications
- Power output: 225 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms
- THD (+ noise): <0.007 % typical 20Hz – 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >107dB ‘A’ – weighted
- Frequency Response: +0, –0.1dB, 10Hz to 20 kHz
- 3 x Line Level RCA 300mV nominal 2V typical up to 7V rms
- 2 x optical S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 2 x coax S/PDIF 24 bit inputs up to 192kHz
- 1 x USB 3.0 type ‘A’ connector
- 1 xUSB 3.0 type “B” connector (for future expansion)
- 3 x USB2.0 type ‘A’ connector (1 front, 2 rear)
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet connector
- 1x line level FIXED 2.0V @ 0dBFS (300mV rms nominal, >6V rms max)
- 1x line level PREAMP variable outputs (>6V rms max) (Preamp gain, line input to PREAMP outputs is 4.5x (13dB) at maximum volume)
- Headphone output suitable for headphones impedance 8 ohms to ∞. (Headphone output features independent volume setting)
- Speaker outputs 1 pair 4mm banana plugs per channel
- 1x optical S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- 1x coax S/PDIF 24-bit output up to 192kHz
- Internal storage 2.5” 1 TB SATA II hard disk (included) or SSD (future upgradeable)
- Dimensions – WxHxD (mm): 440 x 125 x 400
- Weight (packed): 23 kg