The M6SR DAC is a very high-quality 32/768kHz upsampling/reclocking DAC. It has 7 inputs: 3 x Coax, 3 x Optical and 1 x USB. It will accept all data rates up to 32bit 384kHz, DSD 64/128 (DoP) and up to DSD 256 (native). All inputs are upsampled to 32/768.
For the updated M6SR DAC revision, we upgraded it to now support native DSD with ASIO Driver Playback. The USB micro B input has been upgraded to a standard USB B port, one of the most requested upgrades to the old M6s DAC. On top it is fully Roon Tested and certified. Highest manufacturing and qualitiy standards are achieved by fully switching the production to be now entirely Made in the EU!
The technical specifications and the astonishing real world audio performance have been maintained compared to the old M6sDAC revision. By switching the production to be fully made in the EU the new M6sR DAC can be manufactured to tighter tolerances and the unit’s longevity and build quality are better than ever before!
Here is what we had to say about the original M6s DAC:
The M6S DAC has incredibly low distortion, 0.0004% at 20kHz…breathtaking. Stereo separation is better than 120dB. Noise ratio is better than 119dB down….the music is presented on a black velvet background. Linearity is better than 110dB. It excels in every technical area.
The fixed/variable, single ended/balanced output stage employs state-of-the-art components and circuitry which deliver superlative technical and sonic performance and exceptional load driving characteristics and will drive any combination of cable/length/electronics flawlessly.
The headphone amp has the same design philosophy and implementation.
The Stuff that Matters: The Sound
The M6S DAC’s immediate sonic impression is of effortless grace and transparency…there is a sensation of communication from the artists that is hypnotic and compelling. It is so musically integrated: the whole sound is sweet and clear; the treble is completely grain free and extended. The bottom end sounds endless with tactile bass dynamics and light speed fast attack/decay. The imaging, as you would expect from better than 120dB separation, is excellent: side to side, image placement, a palpable sense of the recording venue that places the performers in real-time holographic space.
The M6sR DAC In Brief
- 32bit 768kHz
- True Upsampling/Reclocking DAC with DSD
- Native DSD support
- Upgraded ASIO Driver and new FW
- Roon Tested
- 7 Inputs
- Very High Performance Headphone Amp
- Single Ended and Balanced Fixed/Variable Outputs
- Made in the EU
M6sR DAC – Specifications
- DAC Circuit: 32 bit Hyperstream II
- Total correlated jitter: <12 picoseconds peak to peak
- Linearity: <±0.1dB down to -96dB
- Frequency response: <2Hz to 90kHz typically, -3dB (192 kHz input sample rate)
- Channel separation: >105dB 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal to noise: >120dB “A”- wtd
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.0012% 10Hz to 20kHz
- 3x Coax, up to 24bit/192 kHz (PCM)
- 3x Optical, up to 24bit/96 kHz (PCM)
- 1x USB B Audio Class 2; up to 32bit/384kHz (PCM), DSD64/128 (DoP) and DSD256 (native)
- 1 pair line level RCA fixed
- 1 pair line level XLR fixed
- Output impedance: 47 ohms
- Output @ 0dBFS level: RCA output – 2.2V R.M.S. nominal (RCA) 4.4V R.M.S. (XLR)
- 1 Headphone out 6.3mm jack variable
- Power: 1.5W / channel into 32 Ω
- Output devices: 2 per channel
- Output impedance: 40 Ω Suitable for 10-600 Ω headphones
- THD: <0.005% typical 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal/noise ratio: >115dB “A” wtd
- Frequency response: +0, -1dB 20Hz to 50kHz
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 440 x 100 x 380mm
- Main voltages: 230V/115V Internally set or 100V optional
- Max. Consumption: 20Watts
- Weight: 6.9kg (10.3kg packed with box)