Ultra Low Noise Class A+D Integrated Amplifier with DAC and Wireless Port
NuPrime’s new Class A+D hybrid amplification technologies deliver the substance and warmth of Class A amplification and the efficiency and speed of Class D technology in a milieu of un-measurable noise. The IDA-8’s spacious, transparent, dynamic and luxuriously textured soundstage has to be heard to be believed. The NuPrime IDA-8 consists of an ultra-low-noise integrated amplifier and digital-to-analog converter that decodes USB PCM 384 and DSD 256 with the convenience of wireless audio in a small, handsomely designed home stereo component.
With all stages in one chassis, the IDA-8 avails itself of the shortest possible signal paths in order to facilitate vanishingly low levels of noise and distortion for a black-velvet background to music. The listener’s initial reaction might very well be “I can’t believe my ears!”
The IDA-8’s low noise floor is further complemented by an innovative volume control based on a thin-film resistor design that positions a single resistor in the signal path for each volume setting. The “switched resistor” design is implemented with FPGA chip. Volume changes occur in 99 precise 0.5dB increments for each input’s individually adjustable volume level. Precise level matching is a breeze, as is the user’s ability to make comparisons of music sources.
By utilizing discrete components in NuPrime’s ULCAM circuit, the signal can be fine tuned to reduce noise and provide maximum power. The NuPrime amp circuit improves on traditional class-D design by using a self-oscillating circuit to generate pulse-width modulation. The amplifier switches at a frequency of 600kHz, well beyond the compact disc’s 44.1kHz sampling rate. Most class-D amps switch at 300kHz or lower. In addition, NuPrime’s SRC IC chip provides FPGA processing for ultra-low jitter and distortion rates. Completing the ensemble is NuPrime’s new linear power supply with its high-efficiency toroidal transformer for reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance. The damping effect of the NuPrime isolation feet (patent pending) absorbs and cancels vibrations that degrade audio performance. The overall result is unprecedented transient speed and an almost shocking level of dynamic impact.
The IDA-8 achieves Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N) levels of less than 0.005% while achieving a system efficiency of up to 93%. The IDA-8’s frequency response to 50 kHz elevates vocals into emotional experiences; similarly, instrumental upper registers mimic a live performance’s shimmering heights. The IDA-8’s features and specifications have few equals. Just one audition will convince you that the IDA-8’s performance and sophisticated styling are rarely duplicated at any price point.
- Ultra-Linear Class A Module (ULCAM) achieves audiophile-quality sound with Class-D’s dynamics, speed and efficiency. Extraordinary result of THD+N lower than 0.0015% and S/N ratio of -130dB for the preamp stage.
- NuPrime SRC IC chip (co-developed with IC vendor) provides DSP processing where Input signals are up-sampled to mega hertz before down converted to the targeted sampling rate with ultra-low jitter and distortion.
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet (patent pending*)
- State-of-the-art DAC supporting USB PCM 384 and DSD256, that is also capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs
- Analog line-out (can be used as Sub Out), volume controlled
- Extension port for Bluetooth dongle or Wi-Fi receiver (NuPrime Omnia WR-1). This is proprietary port that provides S/PDIF signals and 5V power. Note: Bluetooth dongle is no longer bundled or offered as an option starting Jan 1, 2021.
- Full microprocessor control with memory retention
- Four digital inputs and one stereo input for complete system flexibility
- Supports DSD native playback by ASIO2.1 and DoP method
- Ultra-low-noise JFETs in the input stage for the lowest possible noise floor
- Volume adjustment in 99 precise 0.5dB increments
- Advanced, thin-film switched-resistor ladder network for controlling volume, with a single resistor in the signal path at any volume setting
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources
- Exclusive driver software for Windows
- Standard driver software for Mac
- Asynchronous transfer mode
- Very low power consumption on Standby Mode
- Available in black or silver anodized aluminum finish
- Includes remote control
Using Bluetooth and WiFi Audio Receivers and Dongles
NuPrime defined an USB Type-A port to carry S/PDIF data and 5V power for connecting to external wireless audio receiver using just one standard USB cable.The NuPrime Omnia WR-1, BTR-HD, Stream Mini, and Stream Mini DAC wireless receivers have a micro USB port that is compatible this specification. This allow a standard off-the-shelf USB-A to micro USB cable to be used for power for the receiver as well as wireless audio data transfer in S/PDIF format.
- 1 x USB PCM / DSD Digital (PCM up to 384kHz & DSD up to DSD256)
- 1 x Coaxial Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Optical Digital S/PDIF (PCM up to 192K supporting DoP format DSD64)
- 1 x Bluetooth or WiFi receiver device (optional)
- 1 x Analog Stereo RCA (analog input will be digitized)
- 1 x pair of stereo speaker (binding posts) output
- 1 x pair of stereo RCA (2V*), variable (volume controlled) output, full range
- USB Sampling Rates:Â 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96KHz, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz and DSD 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz
- S/PDIF Sampling Rates: 44.1KHz, 48KHz, 88.2KHz, 96, 176.4KHz, 192KHz, 384KHz (Coaxial)
- Bluetooth sampling rate: 48kHz
- Bit Resolution: 16-32-bits
- Power output: 100W x 2 @ 8 Ohms; 100W x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- THD+N: 0.005%
- SNR: 95dB
- Peak Output Power: 280w
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 50kHz
- AC voltage: (90VAC~130VAC // 210VAC~ 250VAC) With Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 3A, 250VA
Note: Bluetooth dongle is no longer bundled or offered as an option starting Jan 1, 2021.